- Acts for banks, Insurers, loss adjusters, reinsurers, Telecommunications Group, providing policy advice and interpretation on insurance and reinsurance disputes.
- Drafting and adaptation of insurance policies.
- Acted for insurers in a wide range of professional liability claims.
- Handled the preparation and running of board of directors and general meetings, capital increases/reductions, mergers and acquisitions, drafting of commercial contracts.
- Advises on non-contentious matters such as policy and contract wording.
- Languages - Portuguese, English, Spanish, French.
Significant reported cases
Advising the insurance company which holds the professional indemnity policy for the Portuguese Bar.
Representing Banco Espírito Santo in several court disputes.
Representing Banco Internacional do Funchal in several court disputes.
Advising Grupo Portugal Telecom in several contracts.
Advising companies such as Markel International, Chartis, Domestic and General, Munich RE, ARCH, Oterin GabRobbins.
- Representing and defending insurance companies in Portugal and in Portuguese speaking countries in Africa, Asia and Brazil.
- To set and to develop periodical newsletters on bank /insurance law related to Portugal and to portuguese speaking countries.
- Loss adjusters
- Claims handlers
- Construction companies
- Telecommunications companies
- Several articles on Portuguese Chamber of Commerce reviews
- Co-author of book on banking law
- Co-author of a Guide to Insurance and Reinsurance Law in Spain and Latin America, Kennedys 2005