- Acts for banks, insurers, loss adjusters, reinsurers, Telecommunications Group, providing policy advice and interpretation on insurance and reinsurance disputes.
- Drafting and adaptation of insurance policies.
- Acted for insurers in a wide range of professional liability claims.
- Handled the preparation and running of board of directors and general meetings, capital increases/reductions, mergers and acquisitions, drafting of commercial contracts.
- Advises on non-contentious matters such as policy and contract wording.
- Languages - Portuguese, English, Spanish, French.
Significant reported cases
- Advising the insurance company which holds the professional indemnity policy for the Portuguese Bar.
- Representing Banco Espírito Santo in several court disputes.
- Representing Banco Internacional do Funchal in several court disputes.
- Advising Grupo Portugal Telecom in several contracts.
- Advising companies such as Markel International, Chartis, Domestic and General, Munich RE, ARCH, Oterin GabRobbins.
- Representing and defending insurance companies in Portugal and in Portuguese speaking countries in Africa, Asia and Brazil.
- To set and to develop periodical newsletters on bank/insurance law related to Portugal and to portuguese speaking countries.
- Loss adjusters
- Claims handlers
- Construction companies
- Telecommunications companies
- Several articles on Portuguese Chamber of Commerce reviews
- Co-author of book on banking law
- Co-author of the 'Guide to Insurance and Reinsurance Law in Spain and Latin America', Kennedys 2005