Kennedys' Singapore Commercial Arbitration and Mediation team acts for a wide range of international clients. We embrace and actively encourage clients to pursue alternative dispute resolution (ADR) where appropriate, in the hope of prompting early settlement of what could otherwise be unnecessarily costly disputes.
We have been a strong supporter of the mediation process for many years. We are constantly engaged in seeking resolution of cases by mediation or joint settlement meetings, from relatively straightforward personal injury claims to multi-party construction actions and coverage disputes involving insurers, brokers and underwriters.
We have conducted many successful mediations on behalf of clients leading to the early settlement of what could otherwise have been costly disputes.
The team has also represented and advised clients in arbitration (and appeals from arbitral awards) under the rules of major international commercial arbitration institutions including:
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- China Maritime Arbitration Commission (CMAC)
- Commodity and trade arbitration schemes
- Construction industry arbitrations
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Malaysia – Kuala Lumpur /regional centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
Construction industry arbitrations
We offer the following services for construction industry arbitrations:
- Ad hoc and institutional arbitration
- Domestic and international arbitration
- UNCITRAL arbitration
- Enforcement of awards
- Arbitrator appointments