- Acting for UK and Irish-based insurers in defending claims against professionals including accountants, architects, engineers, insurance brokers, investment intermediaries, solicitors and surveyors.
- Providing advice on policy wording for Irish market.
- Defending €1 million claim against engineer for alleged defective pre-purchase survey currently in mediation.
- Negotiated settlement of claim against architect arising from alleged defects in refurbishment works to protected structure where remedial works were undertaken to avoid litigation and contributions now obtained from other parties.
- Defending multi-party claim against auditor by overseas company owners currently in mediation.
- Settled multiple claims against property consultants by Irish investors arising out of purchases of overseas residential investment property and currently pursuing recovery from overseas company on behalf of insurers.
- Defending number of cases arising from allegedly defective certification.
Significant reported cases
- Mussett v Piper and Maloney (2009)