- Having qualified and started her career in the City, Sarah has practised in the south west for many years successfully running her own niche professional indemnity insurance firm. That practice merged with RPC in August 2003 and then merged with Kennedys in 2008.
- Defending professional indemnity claims against solicitors, barristers, accountants and insurance brokers.
- Defending professional indemnity claims against all construction professionals including architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers, including delay and overspend claims.
- Defending over-valuation claims as a result of the credit crunch and in particular aspects of fraud - buy-to-lets, multimillion pound over valuations of both domestic and commercial properties.
- Advising on coverage and policy issues.
- Significant experience in alternative dispute resolution including mediation and adjudication.
- Defending D&O and employment claims against charities, schools and trustees.
- Third party property claims – especially coverage.
Significant reported cases
- Riley v Pickersgill & Le Cornu (Privy Council 2004)– scope of solicitor’s duty to give commercial advice.
- Regent Leisuretime v Blight Skinnard (Court of Appeal 2006) - extent to which solicitor can rely on counsel.