Kennedys is uniquely placed in the sports sector in the UK. Our team of lawyers includes a former professional footballer whose extensive first-hand experience brings a depth of knowledge and understanding to the issues faced by clients. This experience means we provide commercially focused advice and solutions which few others can match.
Our sports practice group work across all areas of sports law. We represent clients in contentious, non-contentious and transactional matters. We provide tailored, structured advice geared toward meeting clients' needs and goals whatever the issue.
Our expertise ranges from acting for corporate bodies and member clubs to advising individual athletes, competitors, and players and/or their representatives.
With our intrinsic knowledge of professional sports we recognise that it is often the minutest detail which can be the difference between success and failure. We share in the philosophy that organisations and individuals competing in the sporting arena must be prepared to go the extra mile in order to succeed in their chosen field.
Our lawyers are regular contributors to national publications and have commented on legal issues in sport on an international television network.
- Acting in a football club acquisition.
- Acting in insurance disputes involving FA Premier League clubs, UK Athletics, British Cycling, and the MCC.
- Successfully resolving a contractual dispute between a management company and a European PGA Tour professional.
- Acting in the successful resolution of a dispute between a Premier League footballer and his club.
- Acting in contractual negotiations regarding participation in the 34th America's Cup.